Thursday, October 08, 2009

Tonight (etc)



(picture by Theodore Kittelsen)

Today I wrote a cover letter and submitted my new picture book to a children's book publisher. In a few months I will know what they thought. This is my third picture book, that I've submitted, the first two had enough rejections that I decided to rework them.

On another note I had two poems rejected, er, sent back, tonight. Which was a bummer. But, they were my first poetry submissions in ages and so I don't feel too bad, well I do but I know I shouldn't. I have a few other poetry submissions I'm prepping, so hopefully, something something.

The essay I said I had finished I had until I came across some old diaries from the time period the essay focuses on and realized I wanted to do more with it. So it looms...

The second and third Aiko Planetarium LPs are in progress, with the second being basically done, it just needs a few little touches... The third is mostly demos at this point. The second in something I'd started years ago, the third is something I started at the end of this past spring.

Aside from that someone offered to make me a Szechuan dish, which is great and sweet of them. Lest I let the fruit rot on the vine, as my friend put it.

My body image issues are so out of whack and I feel very horrible in that arena... Luckily a good friend of mine who is beautiful and as it turns out has experience in this mire has lent an ear and friendly advice.

Also, I'm sure that this path I have found as a writer is more difficult and strange than I had ever imagined.......

That said I went on and did three personalized promos for Japanese Alice releases (my itty-bity virtual label which has released the great Pacific Blush debut and will soon release the even more amazing follow-up!)... hopefully they'll see what I see if not more........

"tiger mountain" calling...

No comments: